Monday, January 28, 2008

Scoop Jardine scoop

Because I know you know to come here first for the inside info on SU sports, I did a tiny bit of digging on the Scoop Jardine situation. My source, who gave no indication that he wants to remain anonymous but I'll give him anonymity anyway because that makes it cool, tells me that what we have here may have been a curfew violation. My source has heard that Scoop was spotted at Kimmel food court at roughly 3:00am the night before the game.

This, of course, displeased Jim Boeheim, who was interrupted in his attempt to eat 20 Kimmel Taco Bell tacos in 20 minutes. Just kidding.

Many thanks to my source for that info. The only question I have is about the timing of the supposed incident. If Jardine was in Kimmel at 3:00am on Sunday, then how did Kristof Ongenaet, according to this Daily Orange article, know on Saturday that he would be starting. Maybe Scoop was in Kimmel at 3:00am Saturday.

Of course, I don't need to add that this is reckless speculation and does not jive at all with the practices of good journalism that I was taught at Newhouse (Hail to thee!). Frankly though, I hope the truth is as fairly harmless as this rumor suggests.

P.S. If you, like me, were wondering why we didn't see Sean Williams in yesterday's game, it's because Boeheim doesn't think he's ready for the Big East. That's according to a Post-Standard quote.

Frankly, I don't quite understand why Justin Thomas can get 3 key minutes, but Sean Williams doesn't get any while A-O (I love that nickname for Onuaku by the way) plays 39 minutes. Can't we get Sean in there just to give A-O a breather here or there? Of course, Rick Jackson only played 17 minutes...

Ah, but Boeheim knows what he's doing. When I was an undergrad at SU, Mike Tirico visited campus and answered a question about Boeheim's short bench style by saying that, with TV timeouts every four minutes, you don't need a deep bench. This year is certainly putting that theory to the ultimate test. I think the Orange will get away with it, unless they have to play deep into the Big East tournament.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home