Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Notent Notables: SU v. Rutgers

Went to the game with the Infamous Joe Reis tonight. Here are my thoughts...

  • Rutgers is terrible. If there is a worse team in the Big East, I'm shocked. They'll win a game or two at home, though.
  • Paul Harris is a joy to watch. He's one of those guys who only knows how to play at one speed. It's also fun to yell, "Paul Arras rules!" at SU games these days.
  • Donte Greene didn't look so great in amassing 19 points. So I was shocked when I just discovered he shot 7 of 15. I thought he missed twice as many. I guess I just expect him to make everything. He definitely needs to look to pass just a tad more on offense. I thought his defensive effort was solid. They only credited him with one block, but he was contesting a lot of shots.
  • One other point about Greene. He came in late in the game without his headband on and was unrecognizable from my 200 level seat. It became a bit of a joke. "Who's number 5? Green-ee? Who's Green-ee? One of the walk-ons?"
  • Flynn played well. That was probably the biggest development of the game. His line is beautiful, except for the 4 turnovers.
  • When Sean Williams, the 3rd string center, scored his first bucket late in the game, all the Freshmen on the bench went nuts celebrating. I figured it was his first field goal of the season, but I just checked and he's already scored two! It's good to see the lads having fun again. When Jonny Flynn is smiling on the road, we'll know they're making progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home