Wednesday, January 23, 2008

...sort of depressing, really

From the LATimes:
USC freshman guard O.J. Mayo may have violated NCAA rules by accepting complimentary tickets from Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony to Monday's Lakers-Nuggets game at Staples Center.

...Anthony made the offer of tickets at a party he hosted Sunday night, Mayo said.

"I was talking to him like, 'Man, you're out pretty late. You've got a game tomorrow against Kobe [Bryant],' " Mayo said. "He said, 'Nah it will be all right.' And then he asked, 'You want to come to the game?' And I was like, 'Sure.' "
Boy. It ain't good when OJ Mayo, problem child that he seems to be, is chiding you for a lack of work ethic. Or when you're telling him to chill.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I've been bad. I haven't been posting, and I haven't even been reading. So I'd like to react at least to the posts I can see:

1. Yes! Onuaku! I agree. And spoiler role? Definitely possible. Certainly not probable, but definitely possible.

2. I totally loved Hasselbeck's "we're gonna score." So does Seattle, I believe. Some corners criticize it, but that's rare; Seattle is a Hass city. More than any other sports star here (read: Ichiro), #8 the Teflon man. No criticism sticks.

3. Excellent picks.

4. I love the cycling analysis. Quite insightful. Re: Lance, though: I'm so cynical. I was convinced years ago.

5. I officially entered Antonio Cromartie in what I sometimes call my Nick Van Exel Hall of Fame: College athletes named so excellently that, on draft day, I irrationally begged my team to take him without understanding even his playing style. With both Nick The Quick and Cromartie, I would have seemed brilliant. (Hence "Hall of Fame").

1/23/2008 3:06 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm a little bit excited that the Sports Sauna "beat" ESPN.com on this one. We posted almost a full 14 hours before ESPN did.

Yay, birch branches!

1/23/2008 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home