Friday, March 21, 2008

Celebrating the Demise of UConn

I think after the games are done I'll punch out a Notent Notables for the first round, but I had to give the UConn loss its own blog. Big East pride, Schmig East pride: I am delighted by their failure. What's even better is this is becoming a trend. Calhoun's teams lack heart or edge or guts or maybe all of the above. Even the commentators mentioned that they looked exactly like they did against George Mason two years ago (and in all their other games in that tournament). I believe the word they used was "lackadaisical." In fact, from now on I'm going to refer to them as the Connecticut Lackadaisical Huskies, if I remember next season.

I think Calhoun is done as a motivator. The game just ended, and I think he shouldn't even go back into the locker room. He should just head to the press conference and announce his retirement.

Meanwhile, all the other Big East teams have won, and looked pretty good doing it. Louisville and Villanova have yet to play. I like Villanova as a sleeper, and Louisville is a hot pick as a dark horse final four pick. This is win-win for the Big East. Their ugliest, least impressive, least likable team gets knocked out, and all of the rest of the teams could make a run.

OK, enough gloating. Well, one more thing. I'd much rather be a fan of a team that played with a positive attitude through a tough season and kept playing better into the NIT, than support a team that played like poop on national TV and lost as a 4-seed.

I should mention: I don't like UConn.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home