Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tony Gwynn Jr. article

Here's a great story I just read about Tony Gwynn Jr.'s hit off of Trevor Hoffman that marked the beginning of the end of the 2007 Padres. Well done Tom Friend of ESPN The Magazine.

September was pretty incredible last year, wasn't it? The way the Mets lost gave me a funny feeling about it, of course. I didn't get to watch their last two or three games because I was working, and I didn't want to watch the recordings after I heard they lost. So I think I was less crushed then dazed. It was like I was at the movies waiting for my date to arrive, but she never showed, so I went to watch the movie anyway by myself, the whole time wondering what had happened to her.

A personal note: I'm off to St. Louis for the weekend so no posts until Tuesday at the earliest. I've been thinking about taking a stab at a post ranking the NBA teams as the league enters year 2 of its rejuvenated era.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home