Monday, October 16, 2006

U isn't great*

I wasn't going to say anything about the Miami-FIU brawl. I mean, why bother? Even though I hate Miami more than any other team, there was little to be gained by commenting on them getting into a fight. They're Miami. Everyone knows they're a bunch of immoral, psychotic thugs. No need to point it out.

But this story got my attention today. Apparently, even the analyst for Miami's cable station is an immoral, psychotic thug! Well, he is a former Miami player, but I thought that some Miami players lost that once they left (not all, obviously). Here's what Lamar Thomas said on TV when the fight broke out:

"Now, that's what I'm talking about," Thomas said as the brawl raged out of control. "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing."

As the fight slowed, Thomas' comments continued. "I say, why don't they just meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby," Thomas said. "We've had a down couple years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house."


I think it'd be funny if, instead of just firing him or whatever, they let Larry Coker dish out the punishment. I think the press conference would go something like this:

"What Lamar did was wrong, and he knows that and I know that and the University of Miami knows that. But Lamar is a good guy and he's learned from his mistake and we're going to move on. He'll perform 10 hours of community service, after the season in over. I'll supervise it. It will be in my backyard.

"I was very concerned about that he might say something like this and Lamar and I addressed it a lot of times throughout the week. As the game started to get away from FIU, I was very, very concerned that a brawl might break out and Lamar might encourage it."

"I do have a grip on this program. Don't ever doubt that. Don't ever doubt that."

Larry Coker, ladies and gentlemen. Don't mess with him.


*See here for the explanation of why Miami uses a "U" as their logo, as well as some insight into the mental state of Miami officials.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U is great

10/18/2006 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home