Thursday, October 05, 2006

Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes

Remember all that fuss about Randy Moss pretend-mooning the Lambeau crowd a couple years back? Fans of Bill Simmons will surely remember how Joe Buck reacted to the TV cameras catching the incident. "That is a disgusting display! I'm sorry we showed that on camera!"

Well, Joey Barton of Manchester City did something quite similar to the Everton crowd at the end of a 1-1 draw this past weekend. The only difference was that he ACTUALLY dropped his shorts. (Perhaps notably, he also had his shirt off, having given it to a disabled fan.)


I couldn't help but laugh at imagining what Joe Buck would have said if he had been there. "Oh! OH! My...my eyes! I beg your forgiveness on behalf of the network, sponsors, and crew! That is a wretched, vile act and Joey Barton should be shot right now! Excuse me while I vomit!"

But tellingly, here's what Barton's coach, Stuart Pearce, has said: "He kept a smile on his face throughout the whole incident, and he's done something that, at worst, is a little bit childish. At best, it's a bit of comedy that everyone should laugh off..."

What are the odds that Joe Buck is a never-nude?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home