Tuesday, October 03, 2006

On the Mets

Well, clearly I was wrong about the Mets this year. I underestimated their offense. Carlos Beltran is a better player than I gave him credit for. Carlos Delgado was about as expected, a few more homeruns, but he was a real positive in the clubhouse, something I totally didn't expect.

I'm still glad we didn't trade Lastings Milledge for pitching. There's a few promising arms in the system right now that could pan out over the next couple years. And maybe we can sign somebody else in the off season.

Frankly, even with the shell of a pitching staff we could still make the world series. I'm sure New Yorkers, particularly the media, will be critical if they don't. But I am VERY pleased with how this season has gone and optimistic about the Mets being in the post-season for many years to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Reading Zito's box score last night made me think the Mets should have dealt Milledge. John Maine, now, as Game Two starter? Eek.

With the Mets lineup, I wish I had more confidence headed into the playoffs.

10/04/2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Game One. I sure math good.

10/04/2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home