Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Defensive Druid

It's weird trying to follow the NFL without watching games. On one hand, it's surprisingly easy to play fantasy football. The 5 hour time zone difference gives me a slight edge on Mondays that makes up for missing guys who have breakout days. All the rest is just down to analyzing stats.

On the other hand, I'm completely confused about the New England Patriots. I thought that they were done? That Belichek wasn't the genius who could win with any personnel that we thought he was? Didn't they lose, like, 3 of their first 4? That's kind of what it felt like to me. And now I come to find out that they're 5-1. It's bizarre.

Don't get me wrong, I always root against the Pats. But Bill Belichek, who I dubbed the Defensive Druid back when he always wore those hooded sweatshirts with the hood up, is the greatest coach of our generation. It's unbelievable what he does for New England, year after year, in this age of free agency. They will never suck while he is coaching them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home