Monday, October 23, 2006

Shevy!

Shevy scored this weekend for the first time in the Premiership as Chelsea defeated Charlton, 2-1. Off the schnide, then. I love it. On to bigger and better!

I didn't see the game, but I have a few notes from the Soccernet story:

1. Both Shevy and Ballack scored, and they both were booked for excessive celebrations, which involved the fans. I'm totally OK with those penalties, even if Jose is pissed that 'only Chelsea gets penalized' for excessive celebration. Ach. Jose! Give it up.

2. This note on Cech's recovery just about blew my mind:
"I spoke to (Cech) yesterday," Mourinho said. "I was pleased because the left side of the brain has a direct relationship with speech and he was speaking well. I was speaking English and then changed to French on purpose and he changed with me at the same time."
Europe is an alternative universe. -- Mourinho, of course, is from Portugal and Cech is from the Czech Republic. English? French? Whack.

3. I was impressed in the Reading game by Robben's dedication to the system. Looks like that's paying off. He was involved in both goals during the Charlton game. Huge. In related news, Joe Cole managed to get a yellow card during his 16 minutes on the pitch. Eek.

4. I said Chelsea could have beaten Reading 4-0, but Arsenal did. Congrats, jerk faces.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prof. A said...

I didn't like the excessive celebration bookings and here's why.

1.) They didn't actually go into the crowd.
2.) The same referee ignored a player who DID go into the crowd recently, or so said Alan Shearer on BBC's "Match of the Day."

10/23/2006 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home