Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 4: Limping Commentary

"I've come to the end of me, Rita. There's no way out now. I just want you to remember we had a beautiful day together once." -Phil Connors, Groundhog Day

I quote Groundhog Day, not because of any sort of perpetual deja vu situashe, but rather because I love that movie, I love that quote, and it comes to mind as I reach the end of what was supposed to be spring break but was actually filled with studying and grading. I feel like I'm driving off a cliff. Rita is SU basketball - the "beautiful day" was the 18-0 start, and at this point I don't really think Rita/SU be there at the end. The groundhog I'm about to drive off a cliff with is March Madness. Even if it means my studying for comps/driving culminates in a firey explosion, I'm glad I stuck with the tourney/groundhog until the end. "Don't drive angry!"

Don't worry. I exaggerate. I don't really feel like I'm driving off a cliff. Life rolls on. School rolls on. The tournament rolls on. I'm nervous as always about SU tonight, but as they say in business, que sera sera!

---------------------------------------------
9:53 pm - Farewell Rick Jackson. One of the greatest power forwards ever to wear orange.

9:36 pm
- Kris Joseph just took a charge with 4 fouls. He's gotten a lot of flack for his lackadaisical demeanor on the court this year...he hasn't turned into the star we thought he would be...but that was one heckuva huge play.

9:22 pm
- Gus Johnson was born to call this game. Fantastic stuff. I'd be enjoying it much more but, well, you know...

9:21 pm
- Dad and Dr. Paul just made a good point - we look exhausted.

9:01 pm - Three reasons why we knew this was going to be tough. 1.) Big East v. Big East. 2.) Marquette is very nicely built for the tournament: a bunch of quick, strong, athletic guys who hustle like crazy. 3.) Gus Johnson's other game today was a total dud.

8:53 pm - Five bonus points if you spotted Gerry's parents and wife over Boeheim's right shoulder in the halftime interview.

7:52 pm - If I ever become a billionaire I'm going to build a house in the shape of a giant bracket.

7:41 pm
- Wow. The commentary really didn't pan out today. Quickly... Ohio St is now the clear favorite. That was an impressive display. Kyrie Irving is still not back for Duke. I think Texas is going to make a game of it against Arizona here.

2:31 pm - What a hideous finish for Washington! Multiple chances to win down the drain. Now the Tar Heels await the winner of the SU game. Gulp. Also, nobody pockets timeouts like Roy Williams. Does he keep them in a jar at home? Does he think they carry-over from game to game? Is he going to cash them in for vacation days?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home