Saturday, February 12, 2011

Notent Notables: 2 More Losses

We're going with a bullet point format since I don't think I can formulate a coherent paragraph. I apologize if my sentence structure is red bicycle pork taco argh.
  • Does anyone else throw up in their mouth a little whenever they see Kyle Kuric?
  • The worst part about today's loss is the absolute certainty I have that Syracuse was the more talented team. The 48% 3-point shooting is ridiculous, but the Cardinals just played harder during that first half run. By the time the talent-differential kicked in, it was too late.
  • What's wrong with Ricky? He was 1-6 with 4 points against Georgetown, and 0-0 in the first half today. He's not good enough to take on a solid double-team.
  • Keita grabbed some boards today, but it wasn't a good match-up for him since the Cardinals had no desire (or reason) to attack the paint.
  • 41 points combined for Triche and Scoop, which makes it that much crazier that the Orange shot 51% from the field, 45 from three...and LOST!
  • Only 9 points from KJ. He hit one big three, but his slashing game was taken away by Louisville's 2-3 zone.
  • The silver lining of this 2-game stretch: C.J. Fair made The Leap. His 2 game totals - 10-15, 23 points, 12 rebs, 5 off rebs, 3 blocks...and all of that without being a featured part of the offense.
  • I saw the movie The Eagle last night. I disliked the acting, directing, and writing but I LOVED the bromance. I think in the off-season Boeheim should send Scoop and Triche beyond the border of the known world to retrieve a golden Saltine Warrior.
  • I'm still thinking about what went wrong in the Georgetown game. There are 3 options. 1.) Boeheim shouldn't have taken that timeout with the crowd rising to its feet around the 8 minute mark. Things went poorly after that. 2.) Boeheim shouldn't have put Ricky in when Keita got his 4th foul. Things went poorly after that. 3.) The last time the game was tied at the 4-minute mark, Scoop shouldn't have thrown that bad pass to Keita and then he SHOULD have hustled back on defense rather than give up the go-ahead lay-up. Things went poorly after that.
  • OK. I'll admit it. I was so mad at Syracuse's play at the start of the 2nd half I started watching The Fast and the Furious. My rationale: Paul Walker and Vin Diesel were working harder than the Orange. I was still flipping back and forth as Syracuse made their run.
  • Before you start throwing shovels of dirt on the season, at least acknowledge that the Orange didn't give up. They all showed a lot of heart. And they will beat West Virginia in the dome on Monday.
  • It feels like there is potential still with this Syracuse team, but something drastic needs to change to shake them up. Something more than Boeheim starting Fair, or taking Scoop off PG. (Anyway, he almost never makes lineup changes mid-season.) Look at Louisville; they're young and they've been decimated by injuries all season long, but that's just made them tougher.
  • All that said, Louisville won't be playing on the second weekend of the NCAAs. Live by the three, die by the three.
  • On an unrelated note, Rooney locked up goal of the year halfway through February. (Here's the video link, although YouTube will probably take it down based on Premiership restrictions.)
  • That's all I got. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go grab a drink and take a 4-hour bath.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home