Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quick Preview: Drexel v. Syracuse

I can't believe Clyde "The Glide" has a college named after him!

Thanks to their win over Louisville, Drexel comes into the dome with a 31 RPI based on ESPN's calculations. They're also 5th in the nation in rebounding at 43.0 rpg. SU is 31st with 41.6. Not so bold prediction: SU wins that stat. So I'm not too worried about the game tonight, although (second not so bold prediction), I think the game will be closer than the Morgan State blowout.

I was wondering how often Syracuse entered the Big East season undefeated (knock on wood). Do you realize that since 1980, last year was the ONLY season SU went undefeated in its non-conference schedule? And that's not counting its loss to LeMoyne! I am totally baffled about this team. Not that I subscribe to the theory that losing helps a team grow, but I don't think I'll fully understand this team until the Orange lose a couple games. It won't happen tonight, but the Big East season starts on Tuesday. Until then, Merry Christmas and go Orange!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home