Sunday, January 17, 2010

For your gambling fix, here's my NFL picks

Last week, amidst the boring games we viewed
My picks ability was at best crude.
Does he read me or does my mind comply?
My record was the same as the Sports Guy.

Oh and four! I humbly bow in shame.
Berman says, "That's why they play the game."
Four more games loom for us all to view.
I hope my thoughts are worth much more than poo...

"And shepherds we shall be,
For Thee, my Lord, for Thee!"

The Saints score points through Payton's wizardry.
Home field will help; the Cajuns are crazy.
Still, Warner's wrote the playoff record book.
Taking seven, the Cards are worth a look.

Last week the Packers D was M.I.A.
The Saints defense is weak, or so they say.
Two weeks to plan will be enough to beat
The Zona offense. Saints stay on their feet.

"Once upon a midnight dreary,
while I pondered, weak and weary..."

The Colts give six, one half to Baltimore.
Vegas trusts in Peyton to the core.
The Ravens run as if they are whacko.
QB: Joey Jo-Jo Junior Flacco.

This game stays close, but don't be caught adrift.
Manning the MVP will give the lift
To lead the Colts to final victory.
Lucas Oil gets publicity.

"When I walk these streets, a loaded six string on my back.
I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back."

"Brett Favre is like a kid out there," they say.
Romo is known to choke a game away.
Peterson's best, though prone to lose
The ball in moments Vikings fans wouldn't choose.

Brett stays indoors, his bones stay nice and warm.
A-P will be the man D's D will swarm.
Two, one half of points is not enough.
To pick the Cowboys. Minny is too tough.

"Then you are set with a capital J,
Which you'll never forget till they cart you away."

An even seven is the spread for bets
The points given to the star-crossed Jets.
I picked against, and bragged to Andrew Waite.
Our cyber-feud, it seems, will not abate.

Once more, I tell you all the Jets will lose.
Four favorites, I think, they all will cruise.
The Chargers are too strong, the Jets too green.
And waiteynyj is very mean.


And so, I think my oh and four is done.
At most, four winners I have won.
Picking the best is always a good way
To dodge humiliation on Sunday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home