Saturday, January 09, 2010

Random Thought

I will get to my picks for the NFL Playoffs this weekend but first a quick analogy. I thought this initially when I was watching UNC @ Texas and now again, with Georgetown and UConn. Watching a big game with Dickie V commentating is like going to an orgy expecting to be the only guy but finding out there is a black dude joining in on the fun. Sure it is still enjoyable, but you can't get stop thinking about him being there.

Anyways, let's get down to today and tomorrow's NFL games.

Saturday
The 1 point favored Jets @ Bengals game should be the least entertaining of the four on tap. Two great defenses taking on slightly above average offenses. THe real test for Cincy is can there D line overpower the Jets O-line. Look for heavy doses of Jones and Benson along with heavy doses of booze consumed by me to make the game entertaining as this one goes under (33.5). Bengals 21, Jets 10.

Dallas (-4) vs Philly. It's difficult to bet against Andy Reid who has coached his way to the several NFC conference games and a Super Bowl in the 2000's. SO that is why I am taking the Eagles in what should be a high scoring tight game. I give the edge to McNabb even though Romo has been hot the latter part of the year. I also think the NFL wants the Eagles to play the Saints and the Packers to go against Favre and the Vikings. I wouldn't be shocked to see a call or two go Philly's way. Eagles 35, Cowboys 31 - over covers easily (45.5)

Sunday
NE (-3.5) vs Baltimore. Ray Rice is a stud and I anticipate Belichick's game plan will be centered around stopping him and letting the less than stellar wideouts try to win it. Fred Taylor might be starting which strikes me as odd, i thought he retired years ago. The Welker loss will be big but that one guy that sort of looks like Welker will do just enough - NE 27 Baltimore 17 Over covers by a half point.

GB -1 vs Arizona. The defending NFC champs are underdogs at home. Seems a bit off until you realize that Green Bay is the best team in the league right now. I don't buy the notion that SD is built for a deep run. The running game isn't there and like Dallas, they have a tendency to fade in January. But I digress...it pains me to see any NFC North team do well but the O-line is protecting hte best QB in the league and the Defense is peaking at the right time. I see this a high scoring affair with Warner putting up 350 a couple TDs but three picks and a costly game changing or game ending fumble...Packers 32 Cards 28..again the over covers (47).

There you have it - full disclosure I am not very good at predicting games and am even worse at games against the spread so piggy back off of my bets at your own discretion.

EA

2 Comments:

Blogger Prof. A said...

Comparison between our picks:

-We picked every game the same.
-We both digressed at one point in our columns.
-We both look like idiots so far, except in highlighting Ray Rice, who literally just ran for a touchdown on the first play from scrimmage.

Not to digress, but why do they call it the "first play from scrimmage?" Is it the first play they've ran since they scrimmaged in practice?

Brady just fumbled... excuse me while I cackle in delight.

1/10/2010 1:11 PM  
Blogger d13214m said...

Wow, cousin Eric, what a lead in. I would not have guessed that a thinly veiled (and possibly racist) "black cock" joke would make for such great writing....nice work

D. Martin

1/15/2010 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home