Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mets Clubhouse, Steroids, and "Northern District of California"

The list of Kirk Radomski's clients has not been released, and is not being reported. But, The Smoking Gun has a copy of his plea agreement with the feds, and it contains a piece of information that I 100 percent guarantee that every journalist in the country is trying to track down:

From pages 3 and 4 of the plea agreement:
"Over the course of time that I was distributing anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs, I regularly received payment in the form of personal checks for these drugs from the players and associates to whom I sold. I deposited these checks into my personal bank account at North Fork Bank and paid my home mortgage from this account. In particular, on January 24, 2005, I deposited a check for $2,000 that was payment for anabolic steroids into my personal bank account at North Fork Bank. I agree and admit that this check constituted payment for a shipment of anabolic steroids I sent to an address in the Northern District of California, and that the check itself was sent to me from an address in the Northern District of California."
Is that Bonds? Is that Victor Conte? Why is that piece of information -- which is the only information that would tie to anybody specific -- not being reported?

Interesting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

*every steroids-interested sports journalist

the rest of the journalism world is busy tracking down what the hell espn is thinking with its nfl draft coverage. i started watching at 12, and i don't think they've been even remotely close with a prediction yet.

4/28/2007 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home