Thursday, March 29, 2007

From Sports Illustrated...

I liked John Garrity's Tiger 2.0 from this week's Sports Illustrated (Tiger's on the cover again). Sort of a "State of Tiger Right Now" report, something I haven't really happened upon in article-form for a couple years.

Sitting here now, I'm realizing that I've followed Tiger closer than any other athlete over the course of my life. He's 6 years older than me, so there's a good chance I'll be a witness to his entire life. I wonder if and when cracks will show on his character. I'm not talking about cursing on the golf course or being a tough interview, I'm talking about significant moral failings or errors in judgement. Even MJ has the stain of his gambling and extra-marital affairs.

One of the points of the article is that, off the golf course at least, Tiger takes almost no risks. I wonder if that extends to his private life. I do believe that time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home