Friday, March 23, 2007

A Disaster That Has Yet to Be Mitigated

James Brown is a debacle, isn't he? I've been loving the Sports Guy's love affair with Gus Johnson. I think we almost all agree on that. And I was shocked to hear Gus was out after the first weekend because of CBS's new contract with JB. But the most amazing thing has been how bad JB is at play-by-play.

I'm not a huge Len Elmore fan, but the guy usually sounds halfway decent. James Brown has actually lowered the quality of his color man! This is just agonizing. Maybe I can get the audio feed online...

1 Comments:

Blogger Prof. A said...

Just terrible commentary all around. I've never noticed how often Len Elmore says, "But again..." then makes a point that he hasn't made yet. His runner up cliche is "Obviously..." If it's that obvious, why are you telling us, Len? Clearly, Elmore doesn't listen to his tapes. Broadcasting is not about talent, people. It's about breaks.

3/23/2007 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home