Friday, March 16, 2007

Notent Notables

-The Post-Standard's own Kim Baxter got a spot on ESPN.com today with a little knuggaht on VCU's chain. I was excited. Go Post-Standard.

-In case you were wondering, I didn't fill out a single bracket this year. Not one. I did watch a little basketball, just in case something amazing happened. I took grim pleasure in the fact that it was one of the dullest opening days in tournament history. And as the Duke game tipped off, I predicted their defeat.

-My first fantasy baseball draft is Monday. I joined Pandori's AL-only keeper league. It's my first time in an AL-only league. Also my frist time in an espn.com league. Should be very interesting. My keepers are:
Johan Santana
Ichiro
Morneau
Carlos Guillen
Adrian Beltre
Bobby Jenks


We don't have to keep 6, but we can keep up to 6. Last year's first place team keeps 4, second place keeps 5. I struggled a long time with keeping Jenks and Beltre. There are about a dozen guys who aren't being kept that I'd rather have, and it's an 8 team league. But then I realized that I wouldn't be getting high draft picks instead of keeping them, and that the teams with less than 6 keepers would even out their rosters at the end of the draft, not at the beginning. So obviously, I'd love Beltre and Jenks with my last two picks. No brainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home