Monday, March 12, 2007

Stunned

I'm devastated. Usually, you know if you are on the bubble. What the hell happened? It’s taken me a day to get on my feet.

Didn’t we get some “lock” status after the Georgetown win? Weren’t we basically assured a spot after winning a game in the Big East tourney? What? Where?

A 2-seed in the NIT? In the south? Holy hell. West Virginia got a one-seed over us! Clemson, too! Clearly, the NIT expected our 2-seed slot to go to Arkansas. They were as surprised as the rest of us.

I think there are two possible lessons here:
1) 16-team conferences don’t work. For SOS purposes, we depend on the teams we play twice, and when UConn sucks, and we split with subpar Villanova and St. John squads, our poor out-of-conference performance becomes painfully obvious.
2) Joe Lunardi is falliable. And so are the rest of them, I guess. Because I was so confident in our resume, I didn’t even watch the selection show. Whoops.

To make things worse, I think this team was easily better than last year’s, and quite possibly better than the team that featured Warrick. This year’s team was also quite likeable, but that doesn’t seem very unique at all. Evem though I love this year’s batch of players, I would have been more disappointed if Gerry had missed out his senior year than Demitris, Terrance and Darryl.

...So, anyway, next year. Right?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Prof. A said...

If we're not playing, I'm not watching. No madness. No brackets. As far as I'm concerned, there is no 2007 NCAA tournament. On to fantasy baseball.

3/12/2007 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home