Thursday, November 16, 2006

SU v. Northeastern

For anyone who has watched a lot of SU games over the past few years, the first 7 minutes of the Northeastern game was nothing new. SU has found itself in early deficits so often against good teams and bad. It's a troubling aspect of Boeheim's teams. But at least it's mainly an early-season phenomenon. Also, this kind of thing happens almost every night in college basketball to good teams, who, like the Orange, usually rally back. I think partly it's my own closeness to the Orange team that gives me a skewed perspective on how big a problem it really is.

Meanwhile, Paul Harris has two double-doubles in four games. That's as good as I hoped, and better than I expected.

Here's a prediction: Demitris Nichols has a late-January shooting slump that brings Paul Harris into the starting lineup. You heard it here, first. I'll even give you a date: January 21 in Madison Square Garden against St. John's will be Paul Harris's first start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home