Saturday, March 25, 2006

Friday Night's Games

Vintage "survive and advance" tonight. It wasn't pretty for Villanova or UConn, but it was victory for both. I was really looking forward to a UConn-less tournament for most of the night, too. Oh well. That's a personal bias I have to deal with. For now, I'll look ahead to round 4 and predict the rest of the games.

I keep picking against Texas and they keep winning. So you know what? I'm going to pick them this time. Aldridge finally impressed me, and the rest of the matchups are a wash. Glen Davis isn't THAT good, yet.
Texas over LSU


Which team has looked the best thus far? Why, it's John Calipari's talented Tigers! UCLA were outplayed last night, and are outmatched here.
Memphis over UCLA


Huskie-haters...wouldn't it be great if UConn played against George Mason like they played against Albany? What if George Mason's easy win over Wichita State actually meant something to us? What if you replaced "7-seed Wichita State" with "7-seed Georgetown?" Now does George Mason have your attention? I guarantee you they don't have the Huskies' attention. And they're going to make UConn pay, and pull off one of the greatest upsets in NCAA history. They'll jump all over UConn's lackluster early effort, then hang-on down the stretch to win by 1 or 2.
George Mason over UConn
(Now would be a good time to note that these picks are for entertainment purposes only.)


I didn't actually watch the Villanova game tonight, so take the following with a grain of salt. Villanova is still my pick to win the championship at this point. I think they dispatch the Gators in a close game, then beat UConn (see how I'm covering myself there?) by around 10. In the finals, they get Memphis and beat them in a struggle. Why? I just like their make-up.
Villanova over Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home