Sunday, July 08, 2007

I want to repeat that: USA 2-1 Brazil

You beat Brazil in soccer, at any level, that's a huge statement. I'm thrilled that ESPN is covering the U-20s and showing a fair amount of highlights on SportsCenter. That's where I caught Adu's goals. My dad, a casual USA soccer fan, was talking about his spin-move goal for a couple days. And we managed to catch the stoppage team of the Brazil game. INTENSE. Go USA. My brother and I are lightly tossing around the idea of driving up to Toronto on Wednesday for the game, if there is any chance of getting tickets.

Anyway, the reason I signed on to post was to mention how tough cyclists are. I was just watching Stage 1 of Le Tour (Robbie McEwen is unbelievable) and caught a three man crash at the back of the peloton. Most of us have fallen off our bike. But the next time you're in a car going 25 to 35 MPH, think about what it'd feel like to jump out of the car onto pavement. Then think if you jumped out tangled up in a bicycle. Then imagine a couple other bikes and humans falling on top of you. Maybe you land on a curb or a metal crowd barrier. Sucks right? Well guess what. You still have to get right up onto your bike, catch up to the peloton and ride another 100 miles. Not to mention the fact that sitting on a bicycle for several hours is rather uncomfortable, though I think these pros get used to it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home