Friday, July 06, 2007

Tour de France starting

I don't know about you (though I can probably guess), but I'm excited about the Tour de France starting. The vacuum at the top has left a wide open tour this year, especially where the yellow jersey is concerned.

Everyone's old favorite climber, Michael Rasumussen, is back. If he improved his sprinting a bit he could challenge for yellow. But I'll just be excited if he wins a mountain stage or two.

Team Discovery is loaded again, and you might recognize some names. Without having read anything, I'm not sure who their number 1 is. Maybe George Hincapie. But Yaroslav Popovych should be entering the prime of his career.

The one lock: Robbie McEwen for the Green Jersey for the sprint title. He's the Tiger Woods of sprinters, at least the past couple of years. He can just take it to another level and his timing is immaculate.

They're riding around my stomping grounds for the Prologue tomorrow in London. I'll be watching.

2203.4 miles to go...That's Seattle to Dallas.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home