Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007 NFL Draft: Looming Debacle

Is there anybody in college football that anybody is excited to see next year in the NFL? Outside of Calvin Johnson, maybe? The top three QBs in the draft are all awful.

I suppose I rank them like this:
1. Demarcus Russell, LSU
2. Brady Quinn, Notre Dame
3. Troy Smith, Ohio State

Also, I think it's entirely possible that the best RB in the draft, Louisville's Michael Bush, didn't play one down this year. Unless Oklahoma's RB comes out, there's nobody else I can even think of. I didn't watch a ton of college football this year, but I watched enough to know that this draft class is putrid.

(Finally, I think it's time for me to gloat over Paul about Vince Young. VY, baby! 6'5"!)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I forgot to say: The only reason I like Russell is because he could probably play OG in a pinch. Or DT.

1/09/2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Prof. A said...

I haven't seen Vince Young play. My brother says he's quite fast. Do we really think he's a rich man's Michael Vick? Isn't that the best he could be? I still say he's a poor man's Michael Vick, it's just that he took the pro defenses by surprise this year. Still too much hype too early.

1/11/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It isn't entirely clear to me what a rich man Vick is. A better runner? I'm going to suggest that VY is not that. A better passer? Sure. A better winner? Definitely.

The fact is that Vick, when he's on his game, helps the Falcons win. For whatever reason, he cannot do that consistently. VY will.

I think VY is a winner in the way that Tom Brady is a winner. Tennessee went on some kind of a crazy run after he took over the reins, bumping off teams it had no business playing with.

1/11/2007 12:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Also: when is somebody going to call me out on "Demarcus Russell"? JaMarucs.

1/11/2007 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home