Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Completely Insane Jose Lima

The Mets called up Jose Lima to make a start or two while some of their starters heal from injury. I like to call Jose Lima, "The Completely Insane Jose Lima," because he's a terrible pitcher and he's completely insane. Just watch him pitch for a couple innings, or keep an eye out for dugout shots of the man. In the dugout, he's constantly shouting. I mean literally constantly. And on the mound, he's shouting whenever he's not throwing the ball.

The Completely Insane Jose Lima was a good pitcher for two years on the Astros. Check out these numbers:
1998: 16-8, 3CG, 3.70 ERA
1999: 21-10, 3CG, 3.58 ERA

Then he went completely insane. His pitching suffered.
2000: 7-16, 6.65 ERA

Needless to say, I wish he was on another team. Normally, I'm entertained by his insanity. But this time the Mets have to deal with it. I'm not looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home