Friday, March 08, 2013

Rumblings...

I've been off a good writing pace this season. Way, WAY off... I'm headed to the Big East tournament Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll try to reflect on that in a post. And I'm still aiming for a running diary of the first round of the NCAAs, which is always fun.

But I wanted to give a heads up on some local rumblings to the folks who are either subscribed to this blog as well as anyone clicking on the blog to see if I've actually written something.

The buzz is Boeheim might be gone after this year.

As far as I know, it's a rumor. But it's a rumor worth noting. I know I will be watching him a little more closely, savoring his sideline personality a little more as this season winds to its conclusions.

Do I think he will? The presumption coming into the season was he'd lead SU into the ACC for a year or two and then retire. Now the suggestion is he isn't interested in going through the rigamarole of coaching in a new conference. He's passed 900 wins. He's passed Bob Knight and probably won't catch Coach K. What more is there to do?

He seems like such a loner, so I've always wondered what he would do to fill his time after he retired? But his kids with Julie are in middle school and high school, so he could spend more time with them. And he could play a lot of golf. And he could just sort of settle into being the greatest living Syracusian.

Soooo...I guess it makes a lot of sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home