Friday, December 19, 2008

Devo and Notent Notables

  • I actually told Cousin Mark last week that I thought Devendorf would eventually be suspended, based mainly on the fact that he was already on probation. Wrong again. I think it's a pretty fair penalty. I also don't think a non-basketball playing SU student would have been treated as harshly as Devendorf, but I have no experience with the judicial board to back that up.
  • Flynn is also questionable for the Memphis game. Bummer. Actually, that turns it into something of a low risk, high reward game. The selection committee does take into account missing players when considering a team's body of work.
  • I feel like I've got a superb feel for the NFL right now. Trust me when I say that Carolina is the team to beat in the NFC all of a sudden. If you saw the MNF game against the Bucs a couple weeks ago, you know why. In fact, gun to my head, they're my pick to win the title.
  • In the AFC Tennessee (like the Giants) peaked at the wrong time. The Titans (like the Giants) have lost a key player at a bad time in Albert Haynesworth. They think he'll be ready for the playoffs, but at what capacity?
  • Indy is, as we all know, the hottest team at the moment. They need Bob n' Joe to be healthy if they're going to challenge for the Super Bowl.
  • Pittsburgh is the other contender from the AFC. All of the east teams are flawed, unless the Jets can get clicking again in the final two weeks.
  • Love the K-Rod signing for the Mets. LOVE IT. What's that about him being injured? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA-LA-LA-LA-LAAAAAAAA!!!!! (plugging ears)
  • Finish with new SU football coach Doug Marrone. It's unbelievable how quickly everybody in Syracuse started drinking his kool-aid. There must have been a truck out delivering it door-to-door. Whatever the case, I missed my cup. I'm still sipping on a nice batch of Turner Gill. Okay, so Gill wasn't passionate about the job the way Marrone was. Other than that he's better than Marrone in EVERY WAY. I won't rehash all the knocks on Marrone. You've heard them already. I will say that they all concern me. It's another five-year roll of the dice for Gross. If we had taken Gill and he had used us as a stepping stone, at least that meant he succeeded in some way here. I guess it could have been much worse. We could have hired Gene Chizik! That guy SUCKS!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home