Monday, January 29, 2007

Super Bowl (of Fantasy Sports)

I think the Bears miss Tommie Harris more than anybody realizes. I love Freeney and Marvin, and I like Manning, but Cedric Benson is a force to be reckoned with. If he starts rolling, Indy could be in trouble. He won't, of course, and Indy'll be fine: Colts win, 20-17.

I'm much more distracted by Spring Training talk, though, than I am by the approaching Super Bowl. I can hardly wait.

Three players I'm excited for:
1. People are going nuts about Gary Sheffield, who now plays for Detroit. He's pissed at the Yanks, and that bodes well for his 2007, people say. Rock.
2. King Felix (Hernandez) dropped 20 pounds over the offseason. One Seattle baseball writer wrote a story about how, at Felix's first press conference of the year, the writer did not recognize Felix when Felix walked on the stage. Felix has lost his baby fat, the dude wrote. Brilliant.
3. I freaking love David Wright. Yes.
4. Finally, I'm excited about Seattle's second baseman, mostly for a nickname I'd love to see catch on. I'm so sick of these First-Initial-of-the-First-Name First-Few-Letters-of-Last-Name things: ARod, JLo, KMat, etc. But, in Jose Lopez, we have a nickname that might be ridiculous enough to kill the pattern: Jose Lopez, Seattle's second baseman, should go by Jo.Lo. (Pronounced, of course, "Ho Low"). Nice!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home