Sunday, January 21, 2007

NFL Championship Picks

Chances are slim to nil that I'll actually get to watch the Colts-Patriots game tonight. I'm very bummed about that. I'd pay to watch it online. Someone should start a company based on that concept...

Just clicked on the ESPN.com NFL Expert Picks and was shocked to find all eight guys picking the Saints to beat the Bears. Only ESPN's computer had the guts to go with the home team. And The Sports Guy's column yesterday says that on the gambling sites he looked at the Saints were getting 68-75% of the betting action. Granted, I've never seen Tyrannosaurus Rex Grossman in action, but this seems like a clear case of popularity and sentiment winning out over the truth. Whenever you're aware of this happening, it's always best to go the other way. My dad's college buddy, Steve, calls it "winning ugly." So I'm picking the Bears, 16-14.

As for the Game of the Year of the Month, this is a tricky one. Recent results suggest the Colts have finally figured out how to beat the Patriots. But those recent results haven't come in as big a game as this. I believe the Defensive Druid will come up with the right game plan to slow down the Indy offense and keep the game close. Then somehow, Brady will find a way to win. Ignoring the nagging sense that Vinateri might be the deciding factor, I'm going Patriots, 21-20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home