Friday, December 01, 2006

If you said I needed to get a life...

You'd be absolutely right. But, seriously, this is the sort of thing that gets me jazzed:

From Bill Simmon's column today:
"We decided that Seattle can't be considered an underrated city because everyone always talks about how underrated it is, so now it's properly rated. But can you think of another city other than New York or Los Angeles that had a bigger cultural impact on this country over the past 16 years? Grunge music, Starbucks, microbrews, Microsoft, Amazon.com and even ESPN.com all started there. What other city can come up with six things to compare to those?"

Alright. So it's not Sports, but it's definitely Sauna worthy.

I love this city. Seattle!

Oh. Also, there's this story about a possible Sonic's stadium, which indicates that the OKC people have hired architects to dream up possible designs, and have narrowed possible stadium sites to three. That's good, I guess.

Quickly, this sad story: my friend April offered me courtside Sonics seats to Wednesday's game against the Orlando Magic. My very first thought was "(Screw) the Sonics." My first thought! I'm that pissed about the stadium. My second thought: I have work. Third: I guess I want to go. Took me three thoughts before anything positive happened.

I think I hate the NBA now.

Except for Melo. And Hakim, who's been fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home