Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mentos and Diet Coke, "FU, FSC"

First, since we've posted only URLs for a few days now, I want to post the Mentos/Diet Coke video I loaded onto YouTube. I was swept up in the craze. The video, though, is totally worth it. Seriously.

Secondly, I wanted to post a little Open Letter hate mail to the Fox Soccer Channel:

"Dear FSC,

Thanks for screwing up my weekend. OK, fine, you didn't show the Manchester United - Chelsea match live at 11 a.m. like you promised Saturday. I was pretty pissed off that I skipped a post-church family function to watch the game, but when I realized that you were replaying the game at 11 p.m., I got over my initial anger. I avoided the Internet all day, but it was a small price to pay for England's premier soccer match. You've been a great channel and a reasonable substitute for a friend.

I'll admit I was pretty livid at 11 p.m. though, when, instead of starting the game broadcast with the lineups and whatnot, you instead started the broadcast with highlights from the very game I was preparing to watch. Bastards. You spoiled the surprise of ManU's 37th-minute goal before I was able to run out of the room. Ugh. OK, though. Whatever. I waited in that other room for two minutes so you couldn't spoil the rest. Two years of reasonable soccer coverage can overcome two stupid programming errors in the same day.

But, when I came back at 11:03 p.m., and you weren't showing the ManU-Chelsea match as both your Web site and my cable box promised, but instead you were showing the Fox Weekend Recap, that was it. You are bastard guys. Not only did I miss the game, but I missed the highlights. You wrecked my Saturday — three times. I shall now proceed to actively hate you.

For, like, well, until at least this afternoon, when you're supposed to show the Chelsea-Bolton match.

Asses,
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home