Sunday, July 09, 2006

World Cup Notes

I'm off to a party at a place that doesn't have cable. The over-under for percentage of people who will leave to find a better TV if they don't get reception for the World Cup final is 50%.

I was in Toronto for several hours on Wednesday. I was surprised to find that city far more into the World Cup than any place in Estonia, and it wasn't just the Francophones. Turns out Toronto is one of the worlds most international city by population, according to the UN. Who knew?

I'm trying to talk myself into picking France, with the best midfielder and the best striker on the field. On the other hand, Fabien Barthez is a disaster waiting to happen, giving a huge edge to Italy on defense. I've had a feeling the past couple days that this game will go to PKs. So that's going to be my prediction. 1-1, with Italy winning on PKs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious Pauly. What a call on the Final! 1-1 with Italy in PKs. That's hilarious. Cousin Mark

7/11/2006 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home