Saturday, July 15, 2006

I like the Nymets!

10 points to everyone who can name where the quote was from who didn't live on Flint 4C.

I just wanted to clarify my comments from a while ago about liking David Wright even more than I like the Mets this year. I meant to say that I LOVE the Mets this year, more than any year since Edgardo Alfonzo was briefly the best baseball played in New York city. I'd love them more, if I didn't despise Carlos Beltran. But outside of him, I'm incredibly excited about this team. I buy into all the voices that say they're taking advantage of a weak division, and that they're far from flawless. But you know what? I do believe they're better than I thought they were going to be. And that makes me happy. I'm pleased that we've seen Soler, Pelfrey, and Milledge in the lineup and not in the Transactions column of the paper. I hope we keep Milledge most of all to fit in somewhere behind Reyes and around Wright for the next decade. But I love these Mets, I do. I'm paying attention to scores, and watching games. I was thrilled to see this week's SI cover (who wouldn't be when 5 of their guys are on the cover? Isn't it like 10 times better to see a bunch of your guys than just one of your guys? Loved it.) Goooo Mets.

But I REALLY love David Wright. And if he avoids a post-HR derby slump, I'll love him all the more. 23-years old!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...they are my favorite squadron."

Simpsons, Arras. Pure Simpsons.

It was the Bear Tax/Immigration episode.

--NASCAR

7/22/2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger Prof. A said...

Yes indeed. 10 points to NASCAR. The person, not the racing league.

7/25/2006 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, shut up. How can you disqualify us from that? I hate you. - Dom

8/29/2006 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home