Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hypothetically speaking...

If there's one thing I believe, it's that the U.S. economy is in deep, deep doodoo. But if I get to list two things that I believe, I'd also include this: Greg Robinson needs to be ash-canned. Big time.

But if we're casting lots, I'm casting mine with the Post-Standard's Dave Rahme. Lane Kiffin is not our man. No way.

I mean, I like Kiffin. I think he'd be a great coach at, say, the University of Washington. But no part of me believes he'd work in Syracuse. I feel like he'll be apologetic for the weather, and embarrassed about the school's recent past.

Instead, we need a homeboy. If the Orange cannot hire Tom Coughlin or Randy Edsall, they need a Coughlin/Edsall clone: a coach with an Upstate demeanor and an upstart, asshole sort of ethic. If I could hear our next coach say one thing in his opening presser, it'd be something like this: "We've been screwed over by people who aren't from here, and never wanted to be. I ain't having none of that. I bleed Upstate."

Basically, I think we need Aurelius Chaves. Or Randy Edsall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home