Sunday, November 11, 2007

Teaser: The Ultimate NCAA Rankings

Sometime in the next week I will post a ranking of every single Division I NCAA basketball team. All 328 of them. The rankings will feature an in-depth look at North Carolina by Cousin Eric and Syracuse by Chris (hopefully).

A few notes on the rankings... I'm going conference by conference, taking a cursory look at each squad then giving them an approximate ranking out of 328. Afterwards, I'll go back and shift them around a bit. In short, it's highly unscientific, completely subjective, and borderline reckless journalism. In other words, it's classic Sports Sauna. I am, however, willing to GUARANTEE that 95% of the teams will be ranked accurately, +/-100. (In other words, I can only be off by more than 100 spots for 5% of the 328 teams. And yes, that means I'm committing to at least one updated ranking at the end of the season.)

Here are the sources I am using for the rankings, in order of importance:
1. My own knowledge (admittedly limited)
2. ESPN.com's ShootAround
3. Complete Blue Ribbon College Yearbook, courtesy ESPN.com
4. ESPN.com's college basketball team pages
5. Google search

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home