Friday, September 08, 2006

Welcome and Thank You

I fear that my biggest problem as a blogger will prove to be my consistent inability to generate original thought. For instance this story:

Paul and I spoke last night about the possiblity of me joining the Sports Sauna, and I was both flattered and excited. This morning, he sent me the invitation. It sat there in my inbox, unread and vaguely menacing, until I navigated mid-day, as I often do, to this site. I read then Paul's introduction, and realized immediately that I needed to respond.

I react to Paul. He is my instigator. Only time will tell if I can learn to stand alone, however shakily, as a contributor. Here's hoping.

More immediately, here's reacting:
1. I love the West Coast, and Seattle most specifically. This is true.
2. I love Chelsea. It feels like rooting for the Yankees, only with less class, and less sophistication. You know that aura that surrounds everything in pin-stripes, that haze of history and grandeur? There's none of that here. We're brash, we're Chelski, we're basically America's answer to football. Holla.
3. It was awful.
4. Yes. True. And a desire to keep it.
5. I love the Sonics. Without Kevin Calabro, our great announcer, and the Reign Man (The Reign Man is dead, Shawn Kemp lives on) I would not be a sports fan. 63-19. I'm just saying. Go Supes. Er, well, stay Supes. But, viva la Sonics.

Finally, thanks and welcome. Go Orange.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

Is it bad that I'm almost more excited for what you have to say than Paul? Because I am.

9/10/2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

An honor and a pleasure, Liz.

9/11/2006 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home