Friday, February 10, 2006

Welcome to the Sports Sauna

Well, here we go. I'm starting a blog to see if anyone will find it. I'm just going to write about sports. I'm going to write as though I were writing a newspaper column. My dream is to be hired as a sports columnist.

It's the eve of the Winter Olympics in Torino. My first assignment is to keep a journal of the games.

Here's some things I'll write about:
College Basketball
Soccer
Fantasy Sports
Rugby
Everything except tennis.
Maybe tennis someday, but probably not.

It's the Sports Sauna: where the variety of sports is so overwhelming, it makes you sweat profusely, and the opinions and analysis are so sharp, it feels like you're beating yourself with a birch branch.

Thanks for reading.

-Paul Arras

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts on the U.S. Soccer team's new kits? What's up with the asymmetry and the red and blue stripe on the sock?

2/15/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger Prof. A said...

I like the old ones better, with the classic circled number. Those horizontal bars are just too chunky. I do like the style on the backs.

Speaking of new uniforms that are bad, the gold lettering in the new England jerseys is hideous.

I can't believe I've spent this long talking about jerseys. Time for some more olympics. When is Olympic Ice on?

2/15/2006 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home